The object of the Holiday Twitter Trivia Contest is simple: Simply follow namecheap on Twitter and answer their trivia questions correctly. Namecheap will post a new question any time during the hour every hour. Five domains will be awarded hourly to winners who answer the questions correctly.
what is NameCheap?
NameCheap is an approved ICANN Domain Registrar and webhosting company. It provides cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfer with lots of features like Free URL Forwarding, Free Email Forwarding, FREE WhoisGuard subscription with new domain registration and transfer. If you already have an account with them that is good. For the people who want to participate in this contest and does not have an account with NameCheap, please signup for free account at http://www.namecheap.com/signup.aspx -no purchase or credit card necessary. You can not participate in this contest without NameCheap account.
Now You should have an idea about what they both are and what can you get from them. So heading towards the NameCheap contest and their offer. NameCheap is providing us a chance to win free domain registration and domain transfers in their The Great NameCheap Twitter Trivia Contest.
How to participate in this contest?
Participation in this contest is simply straightforward. If you are already using Twitter then just follow NameCheap. If you are not using Twitter then join and follow them. They will be posting a holiday trivia question every hour starting 19th December 2011 till 24th December 2011 on twitter. Five persons to reply to the twit with the correct answer will get a $10.16 credit to their NameCheap account. Here is an example from their contest announcement page:
1) NameCheap will send out a message in twitter that says, “What jolly man gives toys to boys and girls for Christmas?”
2) You can then send a message back that says “@namecheap Santa Claus”.
The @namecheap command send your answer to NameCheap.
To claim the credit, you should integrate your NameCheap account to your twitter account by following these steps.
- Login to your NameCheap account.
- Go to My Account > Manage Profile and choose Twitter Integration link present on the left pane.
- Enter your Twitter username and click Start Verification. Please note that you have to follow them first before start verification, otherwise they will not be able to send you verification code.
- A short code will be sent from NameCheap to your Twitter account using a direct message. Direct message is similar to Private Message (PM), no one else can see it.
- Enter the verification code on the NameCheap confirmation page. Voila! you have integerate both accounts successfully.
- Once your accounts linked, you will see a credit on your NameCheap account within few hours after winning.
Rules, if any?
Yes, here is the only rule; Each contestant can win only one domain per day. NameCheap introduced this rule to avoid having only a few people participate who game the contest. But, they are offering another incentive to keep participating.
Three trivia participants with the most correct answers will win an Apple iPad 2 16GB WiFi*. Up to seven random winners in the top 25 (in the event of tie) will also be awarded Apple iPad 2s.
You do not have to be the first person to answer the question in order to be eligible for the grand prizes. You can answer as many questions every day (within the hour) in order to add to your tally of correct answers. Answer as much as you can for your chance to score some of the hottest gadget of the season!
I am already following them from last 3 years and won many time. This year from 1st day to till i haven’t yet won any. but in past years i have won more then 250USD Credits. Here is my Twitter profile, you can follow me in order to get more updates on this contest.